Ready to hear from Tony Robbins, or Melinda Gates? Can't wait to see U2 play? Well get ready, because Dreamforce 2016 is fewer than 2 months away, and weather you are a SF local, or traveling in to enjoy all the tech, networking, and parties, here at OTR, we want you to be as prepared as possible for one of the largest conferences to hit the city every year. Here are some of our favorite ways to maximize the Dreamforce experience.
1. Don’t get overwhelmed. Dreamforce is a big conference. . .and a big investment. Do not be that guy who gets overwhelmed and parks at a Starbucks while everyone makes important connections. To head the insanity off at the pass, OTR suggests you join the Success Community, and check out your specific demographic group to connect with others, and to learn tips and tricks of navigating the week. This is especially helpful for first time Dreamforcers.
2. Plan! Plan! Plan! Check out the Dreamforce website and see who’s going to be in town for the conference and who will be showcasing at the cloud expo. Download the Dreamforce app to stay updated in real time on who’s attending and who will skip. At OTR, we love to beat others to the punch by reaching out in advance to book meetings throughout the week. Taking initiative like this allows us to fill our calendar ahead of time with meetings that are sure to generate rewarding relationships.
3. Host a Mixer. Of course, there is no shortage of things going on throughout the week, but Dreamforce’s massive attendance means there are countless once-in-a-lifetime connections to be made. What better way to engage with clients and partners than by hosting your own networking event, happy hour, or another bash? You’re not too late; there are affordable SF venues still available. An SF based partner, like On The Run Events, can help you secure a space and plan every detail. That way, you can enjoy your event and focus on making connections while we execute your bash to perfection.
4. Highlight the Human Side. Of course everyone wants to talk tech, but we foresee an increased focus on giving back at Dreamforce '16. In fact, each day of Dreamforce will be dedicated to a specific organization/charity. Make your pitch memorable and on-topic by talking about what your company is doing, even in a small way, to better your community or the world as a whole. We guarantee that framing pitches and conversations this way will not only break the ice, but will provide lasting, heartfelt impressions that money can’t buy.
5. Make comfort a priority! At On The Run, as our name suggests, we’re experts at running around. We know better than most that comfort is key to lasting hours and hours on your feet. Make sure you pack flats, layers for chilly nights (and aggressive air conditioning) and bring a collapsible umbrella because it always happens to rain at least once. Karl the fog (we can tag Karl) has been especially prevalent this July, so we love scarves, too. Check out this post from our archives on work + life balance, which includes some great tidbits on staying healthy during busy business times. A key takeaway? Pack your vitamins and take ‘em! Your immune system will thank you.